Friday, November 25, 2011

A Thanksgiving Reflection

Now that the turkey has begun to digest, and the dishwasher is running the next load, I have had some time to reflect upon what I am thankful for.  I am thankful for my family, my health, and the roof over my head.

I am also very thankful for the country that I live in.  Here, I was able to attend fantastic schools that allowed me to explore my interests and my creativity.

I am thankful that I live in a family today that understands my passion for writing and allows me the freedom to take a chance on a career that may or may not happen.

I am thankful for bookstores.  While they may be closing all around the country, bookstores have provided a place for children to go and discover new worlds.

I am thankful that I know how to read.  If not for knowing how to read, I wouldn't know how to write, and I wouldn't be able to share stories with others.

I am thankful for children--especially my own--you inspire, you create wonder, you share your unconditional love.

I wish you all a thankful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment