Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let a New Year of Writing Begin!

Happy New Year and Happy New Year of Writing!

I am so excited to be embarking on a new writing challenge this year, 12 x 12 x 12.  Author Julie Hedlund has organized this challenge.  The concept is for picture book writers to complete 12 new manuscripts in 2012, write a new draft each month.  This is a follow up challenge to PbIdMo in November organized by Tara Lazar.

If you are interested, it is not too late to join.  Just sign up on Julie's blog by January 15, and you are in!

Enjoy and Happy Writing!  Check back here, and I will keep you posted on my progress.

Progress status:  I have already begun my draft for January!

http://writeupmylife.com/

5 comments:

  1. 12 x 12 is going to be such a great way to keep the focus on writing this year!

    I, too, have started my draft, and intend to do more work on it today. It needs a little brainstorming before I continue the actual writing. First, breakfast. I tend to get caught up in writing (and reading) and then think "Oh! Right! Breakfast!"

    All the best to you for a year of creativity and productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I too will keep people up to date with my progress. Good luck and all the best for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for challenges. Here are our resolutions:
    http://thepenandinkblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/pen-and-ink-official-new-years.html
    I llok forward to all the new picture books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! 12 picture books? 12 ideas? That's amazing! I am just a reader so won't be participating but will be cheering you on, hoping for more things to read. :)

    ReplyDelete