This month not only did I participate in PiBoIdMo, but I truly committed myself to sharing my stories with children. This commitment is in the hopes of enticing more children to read, and to enjoy it. I have always written as a hobby, but now all of my children are in school full day, and I have the time to spend on perfecting my craft (although, I don't know if one ever reaches perfection--but we certainly can try).
To lay it out more specifically, in November I:
- came up with 35 different picture book ideas
- wrote 4 different rough drafts (2 of which are pretty close to being complete)
- joined an international online critique group.
- connected with 2 different illustrators so as to put together 2 different stories to submit to uTales (www.uTales.com)
- have been promoting my stories in the MeeGenius Author Challenge 2011 in hopes of winning a free ebook library for my children's school
- interviewed a prominent member of the children's writing world (check back to this blog in the coming weeks to see the interview)
- signed up to follow many, many, many more children's writing blogs
- registered myself to participate in 12x12 in 2012