Friday, December 16, 2011

Sandi Writes Books

This year my youngest children entered first grade, and after 12 years of having some portion of my children home with me every day, we have finally reached a point in the Hershenson household where all 4 children are in school full day.  This was VERY strange for me in the beginning of the school year.  So quiet in the house.  Just me, the fish, and the dog.

I decided that this was the year that I was going to make a full time commitment to writing.  While I have yet to be written a  check for all of my hard work, I am right now viewing this as an unpaid internship.  I have been gaining experience in all aspects of my 'company', Sandi Writes Books.


  • product development
  • editorial department
  • human relations
  • social media
  • marketing and promotions
  • technology
  • research and education
  • finance (nothing coming in just yet, but money is certainly going out for courses, contests, and books)


Ten years ago I certainly would not have predicted that this is what I would be doing.  I love it, and for now, I wouldn't want to be doing anything differently.

So 2011 is leaving me with a full time commitment to writing, let's hope that 2012 comes in with someone who is interested in helping me share my writing with the world.

Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping 2012 becomes a Share With the World year! You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete